Tuesday 2 October 2012

Unnamed and Untamed

Psy kept yelling into my ears as I made my way upstairs. My friends reassured me to help calm my nerves although words never left a lasting impact on me. I fixed my hair and clothes very quickly, cleared my voice and controlled my limbs from behaving like they did not belong to me. Imagine him doing something silly like the Gangam style dance move, I told myself.That helped creep me out!


I did not sleep well the entire night, the effect a person you know very little about and who knows nothing about you can have on you. I had imagined possibly every direction that meeting could go, atleast I thought I had. I only saw it going two ways, it would remain as bad as it was or get worse. So much for  being positive! When it comes to something highly superlative, going with the worst option is less heart breaking I suppose.

What was I really afraid of? Rejection? Why would he reject me when I never asked for his approval? I just wanted it without me having to demand for it. Some questions don't have answers and most feelings no reason.

September 30th and as the clock kept ticking I kept waiting for October 1st. Digital Filters, signals, absolutely summable and some indecipherable murmurs crashed against the walls of my ears. I wasn't taking anything in, not until 11.50 a.m.


Butterflies fluttered somewhere deep down. I swallowed all the nervousness down my throat and opened the door, his reaction made me want to run back home right away. I stayed, had a sour face on but stayed. His hand movements and the words shooting from his mouth snatched words out of mine.

I watched the ice break, toppled right in front of me.The day only went uphill from there on. 

If there was one superpower I could posses it would most certainly be reading his mind.

1 comment:

  1. Good to know it ended well. :-) They have started making us dance on this song at my Zumba class! Heh.

    I am so proud of you and your blog. Your writing has changed a lot and I love it. And thanks for the really kind words you left at mine. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete