Friday 15 June 2012

Because a paper bound diary is no more trustworthy.

Vacations. I blame it on them. They force me to do things that i would not do otherwise to save me from boredom. Usually i place my thoughts in a small hidden corner of my laptop but i need an audience, more so a hobby. I also need an editor if anyone wants to help.
Of all the mediums i could use to cure me of this disease- and by mediums i mean singing, dancing and painting, I chose writing . Not because I'm particularly good at it, in fact of all the things I've mentioned above I'm probably the worst at writing. Most of my friends will probably find hundreds of spelling and grammatical errors, which will nevertheless be appreciated. I chose writing because I need a reminder.
Everyone needs a reminder. Reminder of their past, of people known, cared for and then lost. Songs are pretty strong reminders, so are smells. I want it to be my writing. I want to look back years from now and feel these same things again through my words. I wonder what my reaction will be like. Laughter, tears or maybe I’ll be too busy to care. I hope I am too busy, it’s something I’m working on. Hardening up, getting a thicker skin, accepting the harsh realities and moving on.
Suddenly, I am really aware of myself. The feeling you get when you talk to someone for the first time. Maybe just like everyone else I will take time to open up.
It’s like writing a blog is a sane way of saying I talk to myself.

P.S. I've been holding myself back from typing in my normal chat slang. I am particularly itching to type LOL in a number of places. My itch is a  little satisfied now. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment