Tuesday 19 June 2012

Hush-a, Bush-a. We all fall down.

What is the difference between you and me? What makes us better or worse than another? What makes some of us brave enough to snatch away what we deserve, while the rest just sit in a corner, afraid that anything out of the ordinary done by them will bring about a change?

Change. Something surprisingly, most people fear besides God. It’s what I fear too but I’m so tired of these same boring, dry days that any sort of change is welcome. Change for me, good or bad will be a breath of fresh air. I've been waiting for it for 20 years now. So many of my friends were actually surprised that I write a blog, most didn't think I was the writer sort, given my rant about how I am so bad at writing and all which I still stand by. The fact is a year back I would probably not be able to write at all. It's a change that I did not anticipate either. That’s exactly what makes it so scary, the consequences. Fear of the unanticipated endings, the cold shoulders, the rejections. These are exactly the same reasons why people would prefer running away from the problem than dealing with it. The best way to make something disappear is to wrestle with it.

Change is inspired by two things, desperation or love, for me it being the former. Plus, I personally prefer desperation, it’s a stronger motivator. Desperate to bring about some changes in your life, desperate to feel differently. Most of the changes that I've encountered in my life are not something I've imposed on myself; it's always been imposed on me, changes I consider to be quite untimely. I've been quite unfortunate to have lost friends to distance. I wouldn't exactly say lost but they are not exactly where I want them to be. Go ahead, call me selfish.

 Losing a friend is a huge change. To find someone who'd deal with your nonsense and of course who you could bear as well, those are big shoes to fill in. Nevertheless, I've always found someone to fit into them, some more annoying than others. But these changes have helped me grow, literally. All the friends that I've made, each one so different from another and each one I can never imagine my life without. All except one.

However, I know quite a few people who have lost friends not to distance but because of changes in their lives. Agreed, lives change, people change, circumstances change but important relationships do not. Memories do not. If you've cut off relations with a friend just because your life has changed and you think you are more famous now(trust me you can never be famous enough for your friends they are still going to make fun of you)especially friendships that you've invested a lot in, then you have obviously not been reading properly. 
I might not be the same person today but what I feel for you will never change. There is something that needs to be fixed and I will get to it right away.

But every story has a villain; after all, there must be darkness for light to prevail. So if your friend is toxic and refuses to place their feet on the ground what must you do?

When someone yanks you out like a grey hair among the black you don't demand to be glued back. You move on. Just like the Helium filled balloons. What happens when someone unwisely lets go of them? They rise.

P.S. When I said some friends of mine are more annoying than others it was just a phrase I didn't mean it ;). And yes I have virtual fishes as pets that my cat keeps staring at, for those of you having trouble feeding them click on that tiny screen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment